Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creepy, Creepy, Creepy

I"ll get to the post I intended to write in a few minutes, but I just have to take a moment to talk about a radio ad that is riding the Atlanta airwaves right now. I have heard on numerous occassions, but yesterday the full effect of it finally seeped into my brain, and it just struck me as creepy, given the visual that it placed there. Not even a large mouthfull of bleach could cleanse me of the image.
The ad, like 90% of all ads on sports talk radio, is for erectile dysfunction. It seems to me that watching football musr rob a whole nation of  men of their libido and blood flow. Anyways, this ad is for a clinic that uses, "all natural" methods to help with ED. The narrator (supposedly the head (no pun intended) doctor) tells us that this is for fellows who have tried all the other pills and potions with zero success. Here is where it gets weird. At this point, the doctor, so confident of his procedures, claims that satisfaction is guaranteed and that men will see the benefits of his plan...."IN HIS OFFICE".
What? I don't know about other dudes, but I have never had Captain Howdy pop up and wave to the crowd as I am examined by a doctor. I realize that this is his job, but seriously, creepy doc nuzzling my apple bag would probably make my symtoms worse. The only thing that doesn't surprise me with the ad is that there are no spoken testimonials by happy patients. I may be wrong, but I believe the following video shows the doc in his previous job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment