Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getting Smashed

Browsing through the free books available for the NOOK, I noticed that a fair number of them came from a place called Smashwords. I vaguely remembered a writer friend of mine mentioning the site before, so, intrigued, I decided to check it out. I am really glad i did. Basically, yo can take single stories or full books and have Smashwords, after a little formatting on your part, make them available for download on numerous platforms. Best of all, you get to set the price for your own work. I figured I'd give it a shot and,  after a little Windows Office tinkering, my manuscript was ready and up for sale at the glorious price of 99 cents.
It's a 3000 word short called, The Tweener, that is, IMHO, one of the better things I have written. As of now I have received 2 sample downloads and 1 bona fide sale.....WOOHOO!! If you feel like supporting a starving author, please go check it out by clicking here

0 comments:

Post a Comment