Sunday, May 1, 2011

You Are What You Read

It is time to confess, after 43 years on this Earth, that I have something of a book problem. Combine that with the attention span of a hyperactive puppy in a squirrel ranch, and the problem escalates. Purchasing a NOOK has only made it worse, as now I have 2 mediums that cater to my issues. Here is a breakdown, by location, of my current books in progress.

Downstairs :
Under The Dome by Stephen King - waited for my wife to finish before I started
We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver - borrowed, has to be finished in 14 days
Speaks The Nightbird by Robert McCammon - Enjoying this immensely, so reading deliberately slow

Upstairs :
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen - my bedtime book, usually 2-3 pages before heavy lids take over

Car : (yes I am a traffic light reader....this is Atlanta, traffic sucks)
Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz - actually started reading the sequel first, didn't realize, came back to this one
Abarat Book 1 by Clive Barker - always take my time with Barker books

NOOK :
Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh - Love free NOOK book Friday, this looks promising
Horror Shorts by Drew Brown - FREE from Smashwords, a writer with a style similar to my own...check him out.
The Adventures Of Mr. Maximillian Bacchus And His Traveling Circus by Clive Barker - see Barker above
The Scream by John Skipp and Craig Spector - Rock n roll horror, again from Smashwords


So, as you can see, I have a bit of a full dance card, but realize that the borrowed book has to be tackled first. It is not an easy read though, and given my penchant......SQUIRREL.......for distractions, it's not going to be easy.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Thats a heck of a lot of reading John. I've just started the Hobbit (again) as I am revisiting all of Tolkiens work at the moment.

Paul said...

Btw, anyway to set these comments up so I can comment with my email and URL rather than google profile? ;)

inked4life said...

Haven't read Tolkien since school....I have changed the blogger setting to anyone being able to post, hope that helps....they only have 3 options....blah

Post a Comment