Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bangers And Mash Are Born

It has been an insanely creative 36 hours inside my head. Yesterday I posted an article about character development and mention a pair of detectives named, Bangers and Mash, as a duo that I am thinking of building upon. Well that building is well and truly underway with 8 pages of scribbled notes, town maps, character names, shop names, and much more. I even went as far as to write the opening of the story, a monologue type dealio that I wanted to sound like  Twilight Zone opening. The story is complete in my head, and it's gonna be a long one for me, as I have it broken down into about 12 major scenes. On top of all that, I have the ideas for about 5 or 6 more stories involving these 2, all based on the ridiculous stories I made up for my kids when they were younger. Instead of going the hard boiled detective route, I decided to keep it more kid friendly and as ridiculous as possible....the character names are completely absurd, but made me giggle nonetheless. Writing begins tonight, and I have decided to share the opening which will, most likely, be tweaked a little.

In the heart of England's countryside, hidden below the verdant grass and towering oaks, hide the ley lines. For centuries scholars and scientists have spoken of their power. Truth seekers and mystic have walked their paths in search of enlightenment. The lines yield nothing but rumors and old wives tales, but ask the occupants of the twin towns of Wisteria and Barbignol, and they will tell you of the hum. You see, they believe the lines sing out every once in a while, and when they do, strange events occur. When the humming starts, the townsfolk know they can count on their brave protectors to save the day, their heroes, Detectives Bangers and Mash.

1 comments:

Jyoti Mishra said...

I am looking forward to it
Keep it coming :)

Post a Comment