Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scary Stuff

For as long as I can recall, I have been a fan of all things spooky. Friday nights were spent with my Mum, both of us in front of the TV, soaking up the late night double feature of Hammer Horror. Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, and Christopher Lee were my heroes, but as much as I loved those blood-soaked flicks, the possibility of real-life ghosts and goblins, and things that go bump in the night, seemed highly unlikely. Part of the allure of those movies, was that you could be scared witless for 90 minutes, but realize that you were safe and sound the whole time.

That viewpoint changed forever, the moment I set foot into my new home; a basement suite tucked into the middle of an ordinary looking subdivision in Calgary, Canada. The weirdness began almost immediately, with items falling off shelves, my clock radio mysteriously changing stations during the night, cold spots, and an unnerving feeling of being watched all the time. My friends thought me mad, not to mention a little boozy, but I knew better. The pinnacle of the events came when I, and  2 friends, saw a man, fully transparent, walk up my hallway and through a wall. My interest was peaked, and my underpants full, all at the same time.

I became somewhat obsessed with the paranormal world, reading everything I could and even joining a ghost hunting group for as bit (an odd bunch that couldn't decide on a direction, unfortunately). That interest cooled a little, but always stayed in the back of my mind, just waiting to be peaked. That came recently, when strange events started taking place in our condo....mostly door-slamming, bangs and strange voices (I have a great recording of one that I will try to get online).

With all that in mind, I have started a new blog where I will post creepy videos, horror movie trailers, and perhaps some of my old horror tales. If you want to give it a looksee, you can do so by visiting, The Daily Scare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment