Monday, July 11, 2011

Anything For A Buck........Or 5

In these tough economic times, it seems that people will do just about anything for a couple of extra dollars. They will scream your name, over and over and over, make little woolen baby chicks wearing a hat, or write your name on their belly and do a hula dance while singing the national anthem of your country. I am of course referring to a magnificent little website called fiverr.com.

The gist of the site is simple; you post an ad stating what you will do for $5. As you can see there is no limit to the personal torment that people will put themselves through in pursuit of the almighty dollar. I had stumbled across this site numerous times, but finally decided to offer my writing services last night. My initial idea was to write 500 words while spraying canola oil over my supine body, but turn out my laptop keyboard does not react well to corn.....so, I just stuck with the 500 word articles for a finn.

Given the amount of ads over there, I fully expected to be quickly lost in the shuffle, but, much to my surprise and delight, I had an order waiting for me this morning. Not exactly a glamor piece, but paid work nonetheless. No matter the content, I find this sort of writing challenge more than a little exciting. it's fun to do a little research and try to coherently write about a subject you know little or nothing about. The first draft is done and sent, and now I anxiously wait and see if I have pulled it off. A little thumbs up and positive feedback could lead to more work....fingers crossed.

If you'd like to check out my ad, or perhaps even chuck a little work my way, you can do so by visiting my fiverr page by clicking here.

2 comments:

Jyoti Mishra said...

Money is such a thing that deficiency of it can make you do anything :D
Nice read though !!!

Just Beauty said...

Brilliant article John, glad I found you on Fiverr!
Hopefully we can eke a few more out of you. :)
Thanks again,
Naomi

Post a Comment