Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rollercoaster Of Love

This has been one long, strange week and it's only Wednesday. I'm really not sure if my poor old, fragile heart can take any more. Monday saw my wife Penny start her new job, a gig that will take her away from home most Monday through Fridays. It's really the first time we have been apart in our 3 years together, and I don't care for it at all. The mood was lightened somewhat on Tuesday when my kids got home from a one month vacation up in Canada. It was great to see them again, and we got to hang out and eat some ice-cream. I had survived my first rollercoaster drop on Monday, and was cresting again by last night.......and then all hell broke loose....
but first, let's pause for some music......



Spurred on by my lovely day, I managed to crank out 5 articles for my customers, cutting my backlog in half. I had a little text chat with Penny and then headed for bed. As the sandman was just about to sprinkle some of his happy midnight dust on my tender forehead, it started; the yowling and howling of cats engaged in the sort of sexual debauchery normally only reserved for Free Love Night At The Playboy Mansion. It went on, and on, and on to the point where I started to get a little envious, but then, mercifully, it stopped. Only to be replaced by the sound of a low flying jet heading for our local municipal airport....at 2 in the morning. REALLY? 2 in the morning, nothing is open in this area after 10 except for bail bondsmen and laundromats. At 3, the sandman tiptoed back in and put me under his magical spell......until my alarm went off at 5.30 for work......
Another musical interlude....



I stumbled out of bed, engaged in my morning cleaning ritual, and headed for the car (Penny's, not mine....she is using my more reliable auto for work) only to find that i had not one, but two flat tires. Unable to cope, and on the brink of a complete nervous breakdown, I called out sick, went back inside and drank an entire pot of coffee, straight from the coffee maker via a bendy straw and an IV tube.. Back out to the car, only to find that the spare is bolted in, the threads rusted a glorious shade of orange. 6 hours, and a gallon of CLR, later, the spare was out and ready to be put on....the jack though, was not prepared to co-operate; all rusted and bent, it held long enough to get the really bad flat off (I could drive on the other just long enough to get to the gas station), before giving up. Called my friend who brought a spare jack, popped on the baby tire, lowered the car, and discovered the spare was almost flat......AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!! Fortunately there is a gas station about 1 minute up the street.....Both tires now inflated and ready to roll....me, totally deflated; hands up, here comes the next big drop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment