Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Little Bit Of Scottish

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, but I have been extremely busy writing (more news to come on that in a future post), but I thought I'd take a moment to share a little thing I wrote for our favorite bar/restaurant, The Local Republic who are having a Scottish dinner this evening. Of course, busy as I am right now, I was unable to attend, but being Scottish and someone who dabbles in the flowing pen, the owners kindly asked me to write a wee bit for the header of the menu. This is what I came up with...

Scotland is a land of glaring contradictions; a country alive with color and beauty, all set against a grey, rain soaked canvas. A place where the rough tongued brogue assaults the ears in a verbal barrage, yet those self-same words are penned in a lyrical literary tone by the likes of Burns and Sir Walter Scott, writers who hear the beauty beneath the gruff exterior.
And then there is the food; a hidden treasure in the culinary world, yet one that will be revealed by our fine chefs here at Local Republic. So enjoy the feast that will be laid before you, and perhaps as you sip from your amber ale, you may taste the happy tears of those long lost Scottish poets. For them, and all that carved the history of Scotland, we ask you to raise your glass and say…..slainte.

 

1 comments:

J. R. McLemore said...

Very well said, indeed.

Post a Comment