Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm Huge In France

When I first started this blog, I was somewhat obsessed with the amount of visitors that I was receiving. I would refresh the stats every three minutes, uttering little squeaks of joy every time my visitor count moved up by one. The excitement ended pretty quickly when I drilled a little deeper and noticed that the locations my avid readers came from bore eerie similarities to where my friends and family lived.

I'm somewhat bored this evening, so thought it might be fun to take a look at my stats from the past week or two. I of course expected US, Canada, and UK to be tops, since that is where everyone I know lives, but France came in second, right behind the US. It would appear that I have become the Jerry Lewis of crappy bloggers with 89 French visitors gracing these pages in the last 2 weeks.

What this means is that with Euro 2012 starting in 2 days and Scotland once more no present in a major finals, I may have to switch allegiance an root for France. In a spooky twist of fate, my French ami's are matched up against England, which would have meant me automatically pulling for them anyway. The stars have aligned and I am off to buy a beret for the start of the tournament.

BON CHANCE MON AMI'S

0 comments:

Post a Comment