Sunday, June 24, 2012

Onions and IPA

If you take a look at my profile picture on this blog, you may believe that I am a delicate little flower, what with my painted nails and happy smirk. The reality is that I am a towering, tattooed, 240 lb behemoth that eats cow meat for breakfast lunch and dinner, all washed down with a flagon of ale.

Ok, that may be taking it a little too far, but I do love meat and beer. My current favorite is the Steak and Cheese sandwich at the Local Republic (our favorite eating and drinking hole). What the name of the sandwich does not tell you is that it is loaded with fried onions, which just happen to be a personal favorite of mine. I like nothing better than to wolf down that sandwich, usually accompanied by a couple of pints of 2X IPA. It's a delicious combination that I adore, but my stomach automatically rebels against in ways that should never be mentioned......that's not going to stop me from doing so though.

To say that the combination of onions and IPA gives me gas is something of an understatement. It's so bad that if I am in the vicinity of people who live in the Mt Saint Helen's area it sends them running for the door. The only living creature that gets any joy from the eruptions is my dog who licks at the the pace around her in an attempt to get a mouthful of airborne meaty kibble. The fan above our bed runs without the aid of electricity on these evenings and the walls need a fresh lick of paint.

You would think that by now I would get it into my head that there is no amount of Pepto Bismol that can prevent the inevitable, but I never learn. I love onions and IPA, and if that means that I have to walk around for a 24 hour period sounding as though I am strapped to a James Bond jetapack, then so be it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment