Monday, June 25, 2012

A War Of Words

I have recently set out on a quest to find some higher paying writing jobs and have found a couple of great sites that will allow me to do that. Both require you to write X amount of articles, each of which are rated by the client. The average rating at the end of those articles dictates what writing level you can pick orders from. The one I really want requires 4.6 out of 5 stars to get their Elite status, which translates to very high paying articles. After 8 articles I was maintaining a very healthy 4.875 average. I chose my next article carefully, wrote a very nice 300 word piece and waited for approval. Within minutes it was rejected, with the reasoning being "spellings."

Remaining calm, I went back and did a little perusal, followed by a spell check and found no errors. I WAS PISSED!! The negative ranking had dropped me down to a 4.4 and raised my blood pressure to 180 over 110. I contacted support, making sure to attach my original piece, and am happy to report that the negative rating was removed from my record. I have since finished two more articles and am now at 4.9. My blood pressure has also been restored to normal levels and I have patched the holes I made in the wall with my forehead.

Stay tuned for updates on my progress, but while you wait, here is another article that I just had accepted, all about the joys of bathroom remodeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment